A wonderful post on Advancing the Story: Briefly – though you should look at the whole post of course….
- Create your own website: yournamedot.com.
- Customize your resume for the job you are seeking; don’t use the same one for every job.
- Keep that resume to one page and focus on relevant experience, forget mentioning the job at Applebee’s. Make it easier on recruiters by including references on that same page.
- Avoid spelling errors; you don’t look professional if you misspell words.
- The overall look of your resume tells potential employers what kind of person you are. Colored paper and italicized font might appeal to some, but you’re taking the chance of turning someone off.
- Select your social media profile picture carefully. You don’t want to look goofy on LinkedIn or dress like Darth Vader on Facebook.